5 Reasons Your Customer Service Needs to be Exceptional
Lately, I have been working with business leaders who want to equip and empower their teams to deliver 'exceptional' customer service. I have more than 25 years of experience in leading customer service teams so I have many success stories to draw upon, but I also have some failures that I make sure to share as well. Important lessons can be learned from failure.
With changing times and technologies, customers are becoming better educated about products and services through their own self-discovery and research. As customers become increasingly accustomed to serving themselves, they also place much higher demands on sales representatives.
In today's highly competitive business environment, there's a constant challenge that every business leader and entrepreneur must face. Businesses who can adapt and provide exceptional service will survive and thrive and those who cannot will almost certainly fail.
Here are 5 reasons why Exceptional Customer Service should be your Number 1 metric.
1. BUILDS LOYALTY AND TRUST -These days, people will only stay loyal to a company if they have good reason to which comes down to trust. There is no shortage of competition that people can choose to go with if they are not satisfied with your service. As a result, you have to work even harder to keep customers and build their trust in your brand.
2. GENERATES POSITIVE REVIEWS -Loyal customers provide positive endorsements and online reviews that can help businesses strengthen their brand. A loyal customer on average is 10 times more valuable than their first purchase. Research shows that people often make purchasing decisions based on recommendations from family and friends, rather than on advertising messages.
3. PROMOTES BRAND AWARENESS -The importance of brand awareness has become increasingly significant with the evolution of the Internet and digital technology. These days brand awareness is top of mind. When you provide exceptional service, customers become better educated and turn into your brand ambassadors.
4. RETAINS CUSTOMERS -Keeping loyal customers is far less expensive than getting new ones. Research shows that it costs about six to seven times more to attract new customers than to retain existing business. Satisfied customers become devoted buyers when a business is trustworthy. Research shows there is a 60 to 70 percent likelihood that existing customers will return to make new purchases
5. REDUCES EMPLOYEE TURNOVER -Employees want to work for businesses that appreciate their contributions, encourage new ideas and treat customers fairly. When people work for an employer that provides exceptional customer service, they are more engaged in their work and become an advocate for the business. They are more willing to stick with the company through business challenges and economic changes.
When it comes to the success of your business, customer service simply can't be ignored. Keep these five things in mind so that you can understand just how important exceptional customer service is for your success. Think about investing in your frontline employees and book a Service Excellence workshop or seminar with Jennifer Grant International. We are here to help.